Norway’s movie house was found in the 600 block of Main, the present location of the Norway Senior Citizens’ Center.
In 1924 in the era of silent films Tedeodore Sophie came to Norway from Oak Park, Illinois, and together with Theophil Vandenbergh of Norway purchased the existing Palace Theater from the Bergeron family. Renovation began immediately and the name was changed to the Rialto Theater.
A $15,000 Wurlitzer organ was purchased and an entertainer from Chicago was hired to play the instrument. Employees at the time were: Louis Van Wolvelaere, projectionist; Nellie Powers, cashier; John Eklund and Art Salina were the ushers. [BILL VANWOLVELAERE]
In 1929 the theater was destroyed by fire but was apparently rebuilt and used for a time thereafter.