This theater, operated by Schulte, started out as the Washington in the mid to late 20s. By 1941 it was remodeled and the name was changed to the Grand. It opened, closed, changed hands over the years until going defunct probably by the 1950's.
There was another old theatre in Brighton called the Rialto which was a separate house as the 1931 article indicates. It also went under before the modern era. Downtown Brighton has been drastically altered over time so there are no traces left of these old theaters although the Stillwater Grill is the general area of where the Grand once stood.