Liberty Theatre

Address: 1020 Farmer
City: Detroit
State: MI
Zip:
County: Wayne
Open: 1913
Capacity:
Owner History:
Number of visits to this page: 2544
Notes:
Info Updates:
1/4/2012 - Sean Doerr
Architect - C. Howard Crane. This theater was actually built from the shell of the Central Presbyterian Church originally built in 1871. The narthex of the church became the backstage area and entrance was where the original alter was.
1/13/2004 - Cinema Treasures
Early 20th Century view of Detroit's original theater district along Monroe Street, including the Theatre Royale and the Liberty Photo courtesy of the Library of CongressThe Liberty was a nickelodeon-turned-silent movie house in the Farmer Street theater row that opened around 1913, and lasted until 1926, closing around the time sound films were being introduced. It sat next-door to the Theatre Royale, or Royale, also on Farmer Street. The entire block of buildings has long since been torn down.
 Photos:2
Liberty Theatre - OLD PHOTO FROM WAYNE STATE LIBRARY
OLD PHOTO FROM WAYNE STATE LIBRARY
Liberty Theatre - ANOTHER OLD PHOTO
ANOTHER OLD PHOTO
WaterWinterWonderland.com © 2021 Over 53,166,558 Served