Callier Theatre

Address: 1XX Main St.
City: Belding
State: MI
Zip:
County: Ionia
Open: 1950
Capacity: 700+
Owner History:
Number of visits to this page: 8259
Notes:

This theater was built by Harvey Callier and was eventually taken over by Dwight Cowden who at the time was editor of the Belding Banner News. The recent photo compared to the post card view is confusing. According to to a site called SonicGeography, the shopping center behind the bank used to be 2 blocks of downtown that were obliterated to make room for the mall. AKA Gallery

Info Updates:
4/17/2021 - waterwinterwonderland.com
Amazingly, the old bank building featured in the postcard still exists as a bank. It is plainly seen the theater is now gone however.
12/18/2007 - Larry Braman
The name of the owner of the Callier in later years was Dwight Cowden who at the time was Editor of the Belding Banner News.
10/27/2003 - Box Office Magazine
This theatre was taken over in 1969 by Dwight Cowder, owner of the Belding Banner newspaper. He re-named the theatre the Gallery. The film booker at the time was Dembeck Cinema Service.
 Photos:5
Callier Theatre - OLD PHOTO
OLD PHOTO
Callier Theatre - OLD PHOTO
OLD PHOTO
Callier Theatre - OLD POST CARD
OLD POST CARD
Callier Theatre - BANK BUILDING REMAINS - THEATER IS GONE
BANK BUILDING REMAINS - THEATER IS GONE
Callier Theatre - HARVEY CALLIER PASSES AWAY DEC 1951
HARVEY CALLIER PASSES AWAY DEC 1951
WaterWinterWonderland.com © 2021 Over 53,083,833 Served